Sunday, August 24, 2008


I'm back in camp and the weather has definitely turned cold - Lex's mittens came in super-handy, I really didn't think I was going to have to wear them right after I got back! Very glad to have them.

It was snowing yesterday up at the drillsite and the other spot where Brian was out in the field. Then it hailed and rained a bit in camp and I got lucky and snapped a picture of a rainbow. :)

I also had an unexpected visitor to my tent last night in the form of the largest spider I have seen since I got here. I was pretty sure it was on its last legs (heh) as it didn't really move much when I picked it up on a piece of paper, so I took the opportunity to get a couple of pictures of it, and then put it over in a less exposed corner of my tent (the deal being that I didn't put it outside in the 0C temperatures if it stayed out of my hair). About half an hour later I looked over and it was gone, and since I didn't wake up screaming with a spider on my face, I guess it listened. ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi-O! Umm ... there are no floating words to the right of the pictures. You must be crazy:) OMG!!! Get back in the bunk!! It's a SPIDER!!

icudbx.

Anonymous said...

What are those cubes of stuff sitting on shipping pallets? They kind of look like building supplies (being beside the lumber) kind of look like mini-cabins, but kind of don't.

alia said...

@icudbx: huh. It must be the way my browser displays the webpage. Some people see it and some people don't, I guess you're one of the lucky ones, because it's really driving me nuts...

@cmh: Those are boxes of drillcore from last year, plus some actual building materials. :)

Anonymous said...

ok, what's the size of that spider, cause in my head, it's HUGE!! I need it to be next to a dime or something..... anyways, all is good here, hugs for the alia!!

ps check out the url on my sig. Can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

ok, didn't work for the website... I'll email you.

alia said...

@amandaj: the background in the spider pic is my laptop keyboard and trackpad. The spider's body was about as big as my pinky fingernail, and with its legs all spread out it probably could have fit comfortably on a toonie. (!!)

thanks for teh hugs :D

Ed said...

Wow... that's a pretty large spider.

To be honest, I don't think I could have made the deal you did... that sucker would have been sleeping outside or I'd have had the willies all night >.>

Anywho, good to see things are going well /wave

alia said...

@edward: oh hay :D

Yeah, I admid that when I looked over and realized it was gone, I had a bit of a creeped-out moment, but I figured it was more than likely that it just found its way back outside.

Whether that is true or not is not really the point. Although I really hope it was. And like I said, no face-spiders woke me up.

and yes things are going well! it is good to hear from you. :)