Sunday, August 31, 2008

The last few days have been pretty awesome. I got to do some real field work. :) We went up the hill to the place where the drilling was, and Mike and Jose and I made up a grid to map the area on, which Mike and I then photographed and mapped. It was tough work but a lot of fun. Also the weather has been*fantastic* for the last three days, so we finished just in time - today is cloudy and cold and tomorrow through Wednesday call for rain in the forecast. (It was nice enough that I got a bit of a sunburn on my arms and my nose has come over all freckly. oops. -_- My hands are nice and tanned though!) In this picture I have just finished painting some lines.


Yesterday I also learned how to drive a Zodiac boat, which was pretty cool. Mike and I weren't sure if the helicopter was going to be able to come up for us in time, so we took the boat across the lake and were just getting ready to start the hike down the hill when it showed up, so we took the boat back and got back in time for supper, instead of an hour late. yay!

The view was pretty spectacular from up there, too.

A handful of the remaining people in camp left on Saturday. Brian, Iqbal, Jose, and Gary have all left, so things are even quieter than before. I think pretty much everyone has a cabin to themselves.l-r: me, Mike, Jose, Brian, and Gary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos Alia.... you must be having so much fun (yes work, but fun) All is good here, raining today, but warm, and life just goes on.....

Anonymous said...

That lake photo is really good! Do I feel another try at the Dal calendar in the offing?

alia said...

@amanda: hope the rain dries up soon... we're getting rained on a lot this week too (but at least it isn't snow!).

@cmh: perhaps not with that particular photo, but I'm definitely planning to put a few in. :)