Sunday, June 19, 2011

Iqaluit!



Here I am! it's pretty awesome!

In my first 24 hours here, I have:
  • been to a work BBQ where I won a lawn chair
  • had dinner with my new coworker and his wife
  • used an ulu
  • gone to 4 yard sales
  • seen a snow bunting and a Canada goose and LOTS of ravens
  • gone grocery shopping (which wasn't as scary as I'd feared!)
  • walked A LOT, it's really hilly here!
Everyone here has been really friendly so far, both the people I'm working with and the folks in town - people just say hi to you all over. It's so nice. :)

Tomorrow is my first day at work and I am beyond excited! There will be a lot of paperwork and meeting coworkers and that kind of thing. Also I have to talk to the movers, my stuff didn't leave Hfx this weekend because I didn't get the money from Brookfield in time. But it sounds like my move has been pretty painless compared to some other people's experiences up here, one of my coworkers waited for his stuff for like 2 months. So a couple of weeks is not a problem, and my temporary apartment is really nice - I have close to triple the space I had at home. It's awesome. ^_^

Today my plan is for laundry and organizing and some more settling in, I might also go for a walk and get myself out of the house for a bit. There is a museum and a library and a visitor's centre, so I will probably visit them today.

Yay!! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is exciting.. glad to see you are settling in.

- james