Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Things I didn't expect to find in Iqaluit

  • a co-op greenhouse
  • a delicious shwarma/donair place
  • a 24h snack bar/convenience store
  • reasonably-priced produce
  • an active composting co-op program (including worm composting)
  • the awesome yard sales!
I'm sure I will have stuff to add to this list as I explore some more. My plans for this weekend involve more yard sales (yay) and checking out the library and the visitor's centre.

Also, I picked up my first rock this afternoon on my way home from the grocery store. That means I made it five whole days without collecting a rock. -_- In my defence it's awesome and is full of garnets (one is the size of my thumbnail!).

2 comments:

icudbx said...

Hi!! Gonna try this again. This morning's response didn't go through. Are any of the garnets big enough for your jewelery work? If you don't spot a breadmaker at the yard sales, I'll ask Wanda if she sold hers. Have a good time this week-end. Me.

alia said...

don't worry about the bread maker - then you have to mail it up here, and that will take forever. I will very probably find one up here, there's a huge yard sale on Saturday this weekend so I'm going to bring some money and see if I can find one. :)