Thursday, June 23, 2011

apartment things

I saw my new apartment today. It's significantly smaller than my current place (the bedroom is smaller, and there's no more walk-in closet, sadface!) but the kitchen and living room are the same, and the view is better, so I'm calling it a win. There's still lots of storage space and the other advantage of being on the other side of the building is sun in the winter because it faces south. So, I think that will be great. It might be better for satellite internet reception, too.

The downside of all of this is that a) I still don't have my stuff, or any idea when it's going to leave Halifax, and b) apparently I have to be out of this flat on the 27th because there's someone else who needs the staff housing. I have no idea what's going to happen but I'm surprisingly not stressed about it. There isn't anything I can do about it myself, so, I will just keep waiting.

Work is still going well, I have been working on reviewing a couple of reports, and my boss gave me another project today that should be an informative exercise. Monday we're all having a meeting to talk about site visit travel plans for the summer, so I'm looking forward to finding out more about that.

I'm roasting a chicken for dinner tonight. It will be delicious.

3 comments:

icudbx said...

Hi-O! Do you mean you have to be out of there on JUNE 27???? Well... the other place does come furnished, no? So at least you'll have a couch to sleep on and you just may have to be eating out a lot. no big deal really, if you are out in the field,
because you'll be staying out there,right? It's just a closet... put the sadface away. Talk to you soon. Love, Me.

alia said...

Yeah I know, the closet isn't a big deal, it was just very exciting to have so much space! :) I rattle around in here though.

And you're right, the other place is furnished - it just has no housewares, so I'm going to borrow some things from a couple of coworkers, and I'm sure work can find me a few things. I have all my clothes and toiletries so it will be fine.

alia said...

Also my chicken smells delicious.