Monday, July 4, 2011

2 weeks and change

On Friday it was 2 weeks since I got here. I am kind of in limbo as far as settling in goes, because my stuff is still in transit. Apparently it left Halifax on Thursday though so it should arrive here midweek next week, which is *awesome*. I get to take a day off when it gets here to deal with the unpacking process, which will be fun. Or possibly Fun, depending on how smoothly everything goes. But the movers will be unpacking as well, so I hope that will make everything go faster - it only took about3.5h to pack everything up and I can't imagine it will take that much longer to unpack.

Those may be famous last words, heh.

I found a bread machine last weekend! I went out to the yard sales again last Saturday and scored myself a really nice Black and Decker bread machine for $20, which is an awesome deal. It works really well - it's very particular about measurements and the first loaf I made resembled a brick more than anything else, but the one I made tonight came out very well and tastes delicious. Yay! So far I've tried the white bread and the lemon poppyseed bread. It's awesome to have fresh bread around, plus it's so much cheaper than buying it at the store (where it averages $5/loaf).

Work is fine, we're all fine here, how are you?

5 comments:

Anna said...

I am very tired. I handed a draft of thesis to the second reader today and I'm so afraid because I haven't heard back if she received it or not.

AAAAA

Bread maker sounds great, though! How does the bread taste?

icudbx said...

Hi-O!! Now I want some lemon poppyseed bread, too. If you will send me the recipe, I'll try it here.
When Zoe sends you your parcel, I'll add some gingersnaps for you. Is there anything else I can add? I'm going to buy a charcoal bbq this week. Everybody around me is cooking something REALLY good smelling and my idiot saliva glands are working overtime. I have to keep mopping my chin. How was the concert last night?
Zoe told me last night that Rob and Sue are coming to Halifax at the end of July, so I'm going to see of they would like to stay here. At the least, I'll have them over for dinner. I'll have Ben and Greg over as well. And for dessert, I'm going to make the lovely lemon cakes that were on your lj a few days ago. nomnomnomnom. Bye for now.
Love, Me.

G. said...

I am awesome. I hope you are awesome too. Enjoy your bread which sounds pretty awesome except for the lemon and poppyseed part.

Awesome.

Roxy said...

I'm great, thanks for asking. The long weekend was wonderful. How were the festivities there?

alia said...

I wish blogger did threaded comments... anyway!

1) Anna: you are fabulous and I'm sure your reader got your draft and everything will be *fine*. :)

As for the bread it tastes pretty good! And one loaf at a time is just the right amount..

2) The bbq sounds like a delicious plan! As are the lemon cakes!

3) Thank you. ^_^ (I think you would like the bread if you tried it though. It's not a very sweet bread.)

4) Canada Day was awesome up here! A parade and bbq's and concerts and all kinds of fun things. There was supposed to be fishing but that will probably be next weekend instead.